Monday, July 9, 2012

Day Four - Nutre Hogar

After a great weekend with our host families, we all met up again at Nutre Hogar this morning for our first shift with the kids!  It's a bit of adjustment every year but our group quickly became comfortable with the different children.

"Wow."  - Michael





"She has a very genuine smile - like my mother." - Duncan

"Working with the kis makes me feel grateful." - Theresa

 

 
"It was gross when there was poop all over me." - Catherine




 
"I feel a great connection with the kid I'm playing with (Ricardo), especially when he refers to me as papa." - Nico


Every day around 11:00, the children are fed and then bathed for their afternoon nap.  Our students get the chance to help with this process!

"The children are my brothers." - Greg

"They are probably the most aborable things I've ever seen." - Milton


"Feeding the baby was particularly fun." - Jason

All the supplies that we carried down to Panama with us were also sorted in another room at Nutre Hogar - another big thansk to those who donated and helped fundraise!




After our shift at Nutre Hogar an lunch with our host families, the Milwaukee group reunited at Cheesecake for some sweets.  Then, we walked to Srta. Morse's house to discuss the cultural differences we've noticed so far.



2 comments:

  1. It is nice to see the pictures of the children. What a difference you are making in their lives.

    Thanks for the updates - I'm sure it is time consuming. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete