Saturday, July 7, 2012

Quotes from the Students

Each student and most of the teachers have added a short quote below about their experience so far in Panama.  Many of them are anticipating the activities to come or reflecting on what we’ve done until now.

 “It’s a really awesome group of students.  Hats off to Milton because there could be no one better to have suffered such a bizarre mishap as having his backpack catapult out of the back of the van and be run over by two cars within the first hour of the trip!  I really like the feel of the trip this year; I like the positive spirit of the group – they seem to be going with the flow really well and I have heard no complaints so far (which is pretty much a miracle because it’s a big cultural adjustment).  Now comes the fun: the families.  More on that soon.  Thank you for sharing these great kids with me.” – Srta. Morse

“It started off pretty interesting and I’m hoping I don’t have to buy new travel materials again but it’s been fun so far.” – Milton P.

“Hi mom, I’m safe and it’s going to be a great experience because Srta. Morse and all the adults
on the trip are really awesome.” – Michael L.

“This is just amazing.” – Maile D.

“It’s an amazing experience!” – Julia L.

“I have already started experiencing things that I never would have experienced before, and it’s been really fun.” – Clare C.

“I am so glad we came with the Milwaukee kids – they are so much fun!” – Maddy S.

“Yahoooooooooooooooo!” – Nico D.

“It was amazing visiting Embera village.” – Theresa S.

“Saw a large indigenous spider.” – Joey J.

“I liked all the crafts at the village yesterday.” – Jack B.

“I’ve had so much fun – it’s a blast!” – Whitney W.

“It’s a great, new experience.” – Camille P.

“I’ve had such a great time so far and I’m meeting new people and it’s wonderful.” – Bella B.

“This was the year to be at the Panama Canal.  We were able to see two enormous container ships pass through!” – Jean P.

 “The beach was aaaaaaawwwwwwwesome.” – Ben Za.

“Swimming in the ocean is fun.” – Duncan B.

“Jumping in the waves in the ocean.” – Greg T.

“I loved Santa Clara; the water so warm, the sand was so fine, and the garlic shrimp lunch I had reminded me of the of the shrimp trucks in Hawaii.” – Marissa T.

“I really enjoyed seeing the rain forest and going to the beach.  And, I’m looking forward to meeting my family.” – Jason S.

“The group is really fun and I’m excited to meet my family!” – Catherine J.

“I have been having blast and I can’t wait to meet my host family!” – Kasey M.

“I am really looking forward to spending the day with my family tomorrow and I had fun at the village yesterday.” – Ben Zw.

“I really like this year and I’m really excited to go back to my family.  I love Panama!” – Carly
B.

“I am fully content.” – Isaac S.

“Incredible.” – Lauren Q.

“Woooooooooooooooooow. ;)” – Brent M.

“I’ve only been here 48 hours and I’m having the best experience of my life.” – Megan T.

“Awesome group of girls.  Just heading to Santiago and we’ll have updates forthcoming at the beginning of the week.” – Susan W.

“Looking forward to what’s to come.” – Theresa B.

No comments:

Post a Comment